Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tell me if this doesn't blow you away?

Sorry for the late post - but I have been really busy today - with not a soul in the hotel. Pretty much a full day's work.......doing stuff for Amazon.

A good number of you have bought my book via Kindle (and thank you those that have!) - but many have asked for a hard copy. So I spent the day arranging for a self-published version - via Amazon. It has been quite a challenge, and loads of trouble with formatting, syntax, gutters and margin widths - not to mention imbedded fonts.

But........ I've submitted my offering to the gods of publishing, and we shall see what they think.

However - they made one teeny weeny mistake in all of this, because while they offer to design your cover and so on (for vast amounts of money) - they also give you the chance to design your own (for free). No contest!

Which means you get to write all over the back of a book.

Not you - but me!

How cool is that? And how brave of Amazon to think I would be in the least bit sensible - knowing that every man, woman and child reads the back of the book first?

So today - just the one picture (twice) - and would love your thoughts on this. Tell me if it didn't give you a small chuckle?

Here - subject to 'approval' - (whatever that means), is my book - front cover, spine and back. I have posted a small pic so you can see the whole outline - and then a big one so you can read.



And here is it in closer detail....



Not sure when you will be able to order it - or even from where, but will keep you all posted! And if you DO buy it - I promise to sign anything placed in front of me with a flourish.

Please, please, share this with your friends! Thanks.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Brill coz! And 'a flourish' - is that some kind of beer? Oh, OK, I'll buy you one, because the Antiques Roadshow (AD 2213)will have one of my offspring sprogs flogging said tome for $$$$s! Good on yer mate, and I am soo happy that the UK rellies won't feature..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so sure if they will get oodles of boodle, Charles. But enough blackmail material in there to keep them happy I would imagine? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete