Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This bhuku is TOOOO much!

I am almost ready to shout out from the rooftops about my new book - it is in the final stages of the fourth edit. Cara, my eldest daughter, has re-worked the cover page with her computer wizardry, and I am happy with content. Just to work out those last few gremlins.

As part of the editing process - I have printed out 2 'hard' copies - one of which is in Mutare being scrutinised as I write. The other copy I read through, and I have made as many corrections as I could find. Once it is ready and published for the final time - I will let everyone know via this blog, facebook and twitter. Then............all you have to do is buy it!

This morning I gave my copy to Preacher - one of the Bedroom Maids at La Rochelle, to read. She features in many of the stories, as she is one of those people that always seem to be involved in everything. (She was the one helping the dogs chase the mouse which was hiding under the television in one of last month's blogs). The book is humorous - and judging from the shrieks of laughter coming from the ironing table - hugely so!

Unfortunately the uncontrollable giggling continued throughout the morning - with Preacher wiping tears from her eyes the whole time. There were raucous guffaws - interspersed with statements like "Aaaaah - this bhuku - it is TOOO much!"

This means that if you visit La Rochelle any time in the next 3 days or so - and the towels are slightly wrinkled from lack of ironing - you know why. Hopefully the rest of the world will find it as funny!




If you look closely at the above picture I think you will find - astonishingly - that African folk CAN go red in the face from laughing too much! Bet you never knew that before?

Even Febi - the other Maid, took time out to come and share in the laughter...


No comments:

Post a Comment